1 whole chicken (cut into curry pieces)
1 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
Salt (seasoned to taste)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
Red food coloring (optional)
Green chillies (2-4)
1 onion (finely sliced)
1/2 tsp raw sugar
2-4 tomatoes (diced)
1/4 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 handful cashews (ground to fine paste)(optional)
1 tbsp creamy yogurt
1 tsp corn flour
1. Sauté onions in a dry non-stick fry pan on high with raw sugar in cooking oil until caramelized.
2. Add garlic & ginger paste and sauté for a minute. Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt, cashew powder, yogurt & garam masala and stir.
3. Add diced tomatoes and stir.
4. Add the chicken and green chillies with one last stir and cover the pan with lid.
5. Cook until the chicken is tender for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Add the herbs (coriander and mint) at the last few minutes.
Serve with basmati rice, roti or naan. Enjoy!!