Friday, 15 March 2013
A contribution by
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add 1 tsp cumin seeds and 1 tsp mustard seeds. When they splutter, add 5-6 finely chopped cloves of garlic, 1 inch ginger finely chopped and saute.
2. Add 2 finely chopped onions, 1/2 tsp salt and saute till the onion is slightly brown in color.
3. Add 1 sprig on curry leaves, 2-3 slit chillies, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and 1/2 tsp garam masala powder and saute all till the raw smell of the masala is gone.
4. Add 1 finely chopped tomato and saute till the tomato is mushy.
5. Now add 1/2 a glass (4 tbsp coconut milk) (I prepare coconut milk using coconut milk powder), 1 to 2 tsp tomato puree and mix well.
Add 4 boiled eggs (I made some slits on them) to the base, mix well and cook for 4-5 mins on a slow flame.
6. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.